Dwellings Property Management Rental Process
- Choose candidates for your next home from our website – www.DwellingsNC.com. The website is updated regularly as new rental listing and other changes occur.
- Drive by your candidate homes and determine your choice for its appearance, location and neighborhood. You will find directions for each property on our website under the home description.
- Contact the Rental Agent, or ShowingTime (855) 870-3200, to arrange a showing of the candidate homes. Discuss any issues you may have with the Showing or Listing Agent. Discuss any credit issues with the Listing Agent only.
- When you have selected the home you wish to rent, the Rental Agent will provide an internet link for you to complete an Online Rental Application with the referral source, property address, desired move in date, monthly rental amount and your personal information. You may also visit www.DwellingsNC.com under the Online Rental Application tab to complete the Rental Application. You will also be asked for the Non-Refundable Application Fee payment online using a credit card. The Application Fee is $60 per applicant and applies to all persons 18 years of age or older. The Rental Application cannot be process without payment of the applicable Application Fee at that time. When you “Submit” the Rental Application, no further changes may be made.
- The Rental Application is then electronically submitted to the Applicant Screening process.
- Dwellings Property Management will perform the following applicant screening activities:
- Credit Check
- Nationwide Criminal Records Check
- Nationwide Eviction Records Check
- Residence Verification
- Employment & Income Verification
Many employers will not verify salary information to a 3rd party, so you may be asked to provide recent pay stubs. If you are self-employed, you may be asked to provide a copy of last year’s 1099 or tax return. If you are retired, you may be asked to provide a recent bank statement and last year’s tax return.
- The results of the applicant screening process will be reviewed, and a final decision will be made. This process typically requires 2 – 4 business days to complete.
- You will be notified that you are accepted or not accepted. If you are not accepted, you will be given the reason.
- When you are accepted, you will be asked to complete the Residential Rental Contract. You will do that with the Rental Agent. At that time, you will be asked for a check for the Security Deposit. The Security Deposit is an amount equal to one month’s rent.
- Prior to the lease effective date, you will be asked to accompany the Rental Agent through the home for a Move-in Walk-through & Inspection. Photos of the condition of the property may be taken by the Rental Agent. You will also be required to pay the first month’s rent, or the prorated amount agreed upon at Residential Rental Contract completion.
- After any pro-rated months, the monthly rental payment is due on, or before, the 1st of each month. Rent is late if received at our office after the 5th of the month. A Late Fee (5.00% of the monthly rental amount) is charged for rent received after the 5th of the month, as permitted by law.
You may call at any time during this process with questions or concerns.